Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How to have macros enabled at start

Bill

Excel 97 macro security is "on" or "off". No levels as 2000 and beyond.

Excel 97 does not support Digital Signatures.

Other than the user turning off the warning in ToolsOptionsGeneral there is
nothing that can be done.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:41:07 -0700, Bill D. wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I know there is nothing that could be programed
into the macro or worksheet that would automatically accept the macro.
What I was wondering is, is there something the user could do within his
own copy of Excel that would tell it to accept the particular worksheet?
Can a user attach a signature that would verify the macro as safe for
that specific worksheet?

You can see I do not fully understand what triggers the security alerts.

Bill

There are 10 types of people; those that understand binary and those
that don't.

Remove NOTME to reply direct