Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy[_4_] Patrick Molloy[_4_] is offline

Default Need help

Without more detail on the list that you get, its tricky.
First off though, if the list is simply a text file, try opening in Excel
and see if Excel's text import wizard can help you.

If this works. Close the list and do it again, but turn on the macro
recorder first. This will build some pretty basic code, but it may be enough
at least to get you started.

--
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP
"Nick" wrote in message
ok, well I have a question, that I don't even know if it is possible, but
wanted to find out... so here goes.

I work in the insurance company, and recently some of the processing
requests we get have started coming in on excel. Well my staff of
processors didn't like the way the request form looked, so we designed a
similar form and want to use it in it's place. Is their anyway that I
could copy the info from the list we receive and paste it in our newly
formatted list in excel and have it disperse the information where it
would go. (in other words I have the information and don't want to
manually enter it in to the form, I want the form to automatically know
where to put everything)

Note: I'm no computer expert, I just know enough to get bye.. guess you
can see why m question is kind of confusing, but I hope someone may
understand what I'm getting at and be able to lend any knowledge at all.

Thanks in advance, I greatly appreciate it.
Nick