Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bill Burke Bill Burke is offline

Default Newbie - two questions

Bob,

Thank you for your reply. The information entered into the userform will be
inserted into the worksheet at the bottom. I would like to be able to print the
"record" currently in the userform.

I have no problem with the dummies books.... thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks,
Bill Burke

In article , Bob Phillips says...

Hi Bill,

#1 I think we need some more details here. Where will the new go, is it a
row in a worksheet, is it a record to a real (e,g. SQL Server) database, or
what. And what is it to be saved, and what to be printed . Give as much
detail as you can as to what your objectives are.

#2 This is subjective. Personally, I like Green, Bullen, Bovey et al's Excel
2002 VBA Programmer's Reference Manual. Don't mean to be rude, but you might
find that a bit heavy at the moment, and might be better to look at John
Walkenbach's Excel 2000 For Dummies, and hitting these NGs of course. Move
up to John Green's book later, or John Walkenbach's Excel 2003 Power
Programming.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bill Burke" wrote in message
Hello,

I have two questions and a comment.

Comment: Thanks to those that have been good enough to answer my questions

so
far.

Question #1: I am building my first Excel userform. I have put some
commandbuttons on the form. One for "New record" one for "Save changes"

and one
for "Print this record." Only problem is I have no idea what code to put

behind
them. I would greatly appreciate y'alls help once again....

Question #2: Which command reference is the best? O'Reilly's?

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Bill Burke