DianeMcP

Hi Bernie,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I did want you suggested and I don't really have to apply any Data |
Filters, because sorting by Dates will also give me all the items required by
the same day. Sorting doesn't give me a separate screen/worksheet that lists
any one date, but it will arrange my list so that the dates are listed
together.

I haven't been able to understand the language/coding required for applying
filters. If I did, however, want a report/sheet with only a specific date,
what would I have to put and where?

Is there a listing somewhere of codes/syntax to be used .... hopefully with
some sample data sheets and sample reports?

--
Thanks,
Diane

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Diane,

Your current spreadsheet architecture makes that difficult.

Instead, insert a new sheet, and on that sheet make 5 columns: Areas of
Responsibility, Name, What, Start Date, Deadline.

Then copy the tables from the 6 worksheets into the last four columns, one
below the other. In the first column, enter the name of the worksheet from
which you copied each section.

Do that for all 6 worksheets, then delete the original worksheets.

You will then have a database, and you can apply data filters to it, and
view your data any way you want, such as by deadlines of a specific date,
simply by selecting your table, then using Data | Filter... Autofilter.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"DianeMcP" wrote in message
I've read some of the existing questions/answers ..... and I'd like to

ask.....

I'm using Excel 2002/XP. I currently have one file (Task List) with 6
worksheets (Areas of Responsibility) and four columns (Name, What, Start
Date, Deadline). Each row is a different task.

I would like to be able to retrieve my file and request that it gives me a
new screen with all the tasks with a deadline of a specific date.

Can this be done? If yes, how?
I'm relatively new to Excel and do not know much about visual basic codes.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
Diane