Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Notifying notify users on how to lower security

Not at the time the message is produced, but you could have the active sheet
have these instructions (and in the workbook_open event, hide it so it
doesn't display if the macros are enabled).

Tom Ogilvy

DennisE wrote in message
My applications contain macros. Many of the users they
are distributed to just stare at the notification message that
comes up at loading time stating that the macros are disabled,
not knowing what to do next. Is there a way to issue a message
to users when this happens that they must click on Tools, click
on Options, select the Security tab, click on Macro Security
and then lower the security level to Medium. Notice that
I'm not asking how to avoid or sidestep the system message
(that would defeat its intent), I just want to tell 'em explicitly
what to do next. I can do this through error trapping to issue
a message that instructs users to follow a parallel procedure
when they have to check the box marked Trust access to
Visual Basic Project.

-- Dennis Eisen