Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Juan Pablo González Juan Pablo González is offline

Default SMALL(?)

Beto, you can use INDEX (INDICE) after you get the small (K.ESIMO.MENOR) or
large (K.ESIMO.MAYOR) number, something like

=INDEX(A1:A100, MATCH(LARGE(B1:B100,3), B1:B100, 0))

or in spanish:

=INDICE(A1:A100, COINCIDIR(K.ESIMO.MAYOR(B1:B100,3), B1:B100, 0))

where A1:A100 house the names, and B1:B100 the numbers.

Juan Pablo González

"Beto" wrote in message
Hi, I have a question about this function:

Well it's not exactly that function it's the opposite one (BIG?) I don't
know its name, because in my Excel it's called K.ESIMO.MAYOR.

I have a table with numbers and names and I want the name of the biggest
number, the second biggest, etc... How do I get this through formulas?
numbers may be repeated, but just one would be enough. With
K.ESIMO.MAYOR I can get the biggest number, but now how do I use this in
another formula to get the name? I'm not good with references so can you
help me out?

Beto
Reply: Erase between the dot (inclusive) and the @.
Responder: Borra la frase obvia y el punto previo.