Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Change Event.....Spell Check

Hi All..............

I am trying to create/record a macro that will automatically start the Spell
Checker on a cell as soon as data is entered into it.

I have a large cell created by merging many cells (A63:g69) to form a NOTES:
box at the bottom on one of my sheets. Many of my users can't spell, and I
would like the SpellChecker to pop up as soon as they hit Enter after typing
in that cell, but would like to restrict it to only checking THAT one
cell-range,.............right now it wants to check the whole sheet, even
the cells in hidden columns..........

Here's what I've got so far...........

If Target.Address = "$A$63" Then
Range("A63:G69").Select
Cells.CheckSpelling CustomDictionary:="CUSTOM.DIC",
IgnoreUppercase:=False _
, AlwaysSuggest:=True, SpellLang:=1033
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 1
Application.EnableEvents = True