Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Wilson John Wilson is offline

Default Need help with cell protection...

Mark,

Please don't multipost to multiple groups.

The regulars here regularly read all the major Excel newsgroups.

The answer to your question is yes and no.
You can only have one password for a particular sheet.
The basics for password protecting cells is to select all
the cells and then choose Format/Cells/Protection
and then unlock all the cells. Then select the cells that you
want protected and unlock them.
Lastly, protect the sheet. Tools/Protection/Protect Sheet.

Now I replied in .programming because you can set these
protections programmatically via VBA and *IF* the users
are using different PC's to access the file (or unique UserNames),
then you could set the protection (and what cells are protected)
based on these.

Is that a possibility for your situation?

John

"Mark F." wrote in message
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a
group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on
the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but
me. Is this possible?

Thanks.