Dave Peterson

Could be....

I'd try opening excel in safe mode.

close excel
windows start button|Run
excel /safe

file|open your workbook

does it have problems then?

More things to check...
Maybe it's the file that holds the toolbar customizations that's damaged.

Close excel
windows start button|search (or find)
*.xlb
(Look for hidden files in hidden folders, too)

Rename all of them to *.xlbOLD.

Start excel normally and see if it works ok.

If yes, then dump those *.xlbOLD files and customize your toolbar at your
leisure.

If there's still problems, then close excel and rename the *.xlbOLD files back
to *.xlb (no harm, no foul!).

And one more thing, close excel and clean up your windows Temp folder.

Windows start button|Run
%temp%
is a quick way to get there.

If you want to read more...

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.htm

========

Maybe opening and saving in openoffice would help fix it.
(http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD)

If the file is really important, there are commercial recovery services. I've
never used it, but you might want to check into:
http://www.officerecovery.com

Kent wrote:

I have 10 sheets in my workbook. One sheet is constantly crashing and
causing Excel to close while saving a copy for Microsoft. The sheet
crashes when I copy a row and then use the Insert Copied Cells command
to add a row. I have the same problem when I use the Insert Rows
command. I only have this problem with one sheet. I can successfully
add rows to the other sheets without any problems.
Has any body else ever had this problem with Excel? Do I have a corrupt
copy of Excel? Could any add-ins or formulas cause this problem?
Excel 2002 SP3.
Windows 2000 Version 5 SP4.

Kent

Kent's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5339