Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
J David Southwick[_2_] J David Southwick[_2_] is offline

Default Beginners plea for help

in article , Diane Mallin
at wrote on 30/12/2003 2:02 PM:

I have 2 workbooks and want to copy values from Book 1 to Book 2

Book 1 has 2 worksheets called CA and DG

Book 2 has 4 worksheets called CA A, CA B, DG A and DG B

Starting with sheet CA in book 1 I need to

Copy from Cell Paste to Sheet Cell
b9 CA A o10
c9 CA A o8
d9 CA A q8
b10 CA B o5
c10 CA B o4

This continues down a longer list always copying from CA to CA A or CA B.

Once the CA data has been copied I want to be able to repeat the same
proceedure substituting DG for CA
and DG A & DG B for CA A & CA B.

The cell references are always the same. (i.e. copy cell b9 from DG to cell
o10 in DG A etc...)

Any help in achieving this using vb would be appreciated by a beginner

Cheers

Di

Di
Open both workbooks
Using your example
The cell references are always the same. (i.e. copy cell b9 from DG to cell
o10 in DG A etc...)

click on cell o10 on sheet DG A and hit the "=" key.
Click on the workbook that contains sheet DG and then click on Cell b9.
hit enter and you are done
use the same method for the other cells you want to follow.
Hope you wanted something this simple
Dave
--

Remove nospam