Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Harker Norman Harker is offline

Default Upgrade

Hi David!

Yes it is possible!

During the installation you'll be asked if you want to replace the
existing version or install as a standalone copy.

Also you will be given a choice of directory to install the Excel
2002. At various times I've done both; accepted the directory provided
and given a new directory such as Excel XP. Neither have produced
problems but I think that the recommended approach is to provide a new
directory. Some prefer to keep the versions in separate partitions /
drives but I've not tried it.

In any event, I have 97, 2000, 2002 and 2003 all running quite sweetly
on the same computer.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

available free to good homes.
"David" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

Want to up grade from Excel 97-SR-2 to Excel 2002, but
want to preserve Excel 97-SR-2 completely and be able to
run it independantly of the upgrade. Is this possible? Do
I need a special directory? I have many macros in the
older version, which I will need to keep and be able to
work on in that version, but would like to be able to
upgrade and transfer many of the macroes to the new
version and learn of the new capabilities.

Thanks,
David