Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brian Tozer Brian Tozer is offline

Default Newbie help please

I have downloaded, unzipped, and run, the GetInfo file from Chip Pearson's
page at:-

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm

The explanation on the above page states:-

"The GetInfo function, written in VBA, allows you to retrieve nearly any
property of any object in the Excel object model directly from a worksheet
cell. Using this one function, you can eliminate dozens of custom UDFs to
get application and object properties."

I am a newbie struggling to upskill somewhat in Excel.
I am using Excel 2002.

Could someone please give me a brief comment on just exactly how I could use
the above in practice.
I have been doing a lot of background research and printed gazillions of
pages of help info, and think that I can flesh out the details once I have a
pointer in the right direction.

TIA
Brian Tozer