Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Opposite of CONCATENATE

You can use the Text to Columns command to separate the data.

Ensure that there are several blank columns to the right of the
column that contains the names.
Select the cells with names, and choose DataText to Columns
Select Delimited, click Next
Select the appropriate delimiter (e.g. Space or comma)
Click Finish

TikoTiko wrote:
What command would allow me to do the opposite of CONCATENATE in Excel? I'm trying to break-up a field with a full name, hence i need to extract the first name, middle and last name.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List