Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
%P*Rr&^ %P*Rr&^ is offline

Default Excel XP Macro Loading Problem

Although Dave has offered kind suggestions, my problem is not solved.
Hopefully this re-re-post ends up on the main list of this group (instead of
as part of the original posting as my first re-post did). If you scroll
down to the bottom you will see my description of the problem.

And the answer to Dave's suggestion is no, the data I mention is actually a
list of constants entered into the declarations section and so is lost along
with the code.

- - It sounds like the old version has the macro. And the "recovered"
version has
the data.

- - Can't you create a third workbook that takes the good things from each
of the
bad things?

"%P*Rr&^" wrote:

I'm reposting this message because it's a rather serious problem for me

and
although people have tried to help, nothing so far has worked (although I
have not yet tried OpenOffice). And also, it seems so weird! Have other
people run into this? The macro is actually quite large but ran
successfully (after saving and reloading) until the last finishing touches
which involved protecting the sheet. Unfortunately the only other saved
version does not include much of the data.

Help! I wrote a vba macro for Excel XP, ran it (and it ran without
problems), saved the spreadsheet, exited Excel and later reloaded the
spreadsheet - but now while loading the spreadsheet, Excel crashes! When
Excel "recovers" the spreadsheet it deletes the VBA code.

Deactivating the Macro doesn't help. Is there someway of retrieving the
code? There is a lot of data in there I do not want to re-enter.

Thanks in Advance,
Perry

--

Dave Peterson