b&s

.... I had the same problem ... and I had to change the mouse, after that
always is OK! :-)

--
regards/pozdrav!
Berislav

Boe wrote:
This did not work. The cells still continue to highlight where ever
I move the mouse. I don't have to click anywhere for the cells to
highlight either. "Don Guillett" wrote:

try touching the f8 key

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Boe" wrote in message
I am using Excel and as soon as I highlight one cell, regardless of
where I click, i cannot stop the cells from highlighting. If i
move the mouse to the left...all the cells start highlighting
towards the left, if I move the mouse down, all the cells start
highlighting towards the bottom. The only way I can stop this is
to close excel through the task manager. any help or fix for this
is greatly appreciated.