Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ved_rocker

Default How do i save all open files in excel at once?

Word has an option whereby you can save all the files that are open. This
saves considerable time in saving huge amt of related files that are open. Do
we have any such option with Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

Just close Excel. If any workbooks have unsaved changes Excel will ask if
you want to save changes to one of them. One option in that dialog is "Yes
to All".

--
Jim
"ved_rocker" wrote in message
| Word has an option whereby you can save all the files that are open. This
| saves considerable time in saving huge amt of related files that are open.
Do
| we have any such option with Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
George

I don't think there is.
It kind of goes against the design since you can save multiple sheets in
a single workbook. While word can only work with single documents.

Wouldn't be hard to write a little VBA routine and save it in your
personal workbook then use either a shortcut or toolbar to run it.

Sub SaveAll()
Dim w As Workbook
On Error Resume Next 'ignore any errors (for the moment)
For Each w In Workbooks
w.Save
Next
End Sub

I would probably add some better error checking, but for now any errors
caused by saving would just be ignored (eg. disk full)

George