Title row to stay in place when scrolling down

Old March 23rd 10, 04:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MS

Default Title row to stay in place when scrolling down

I want to make the first few lines of my chart stay put when scrolling down
the page, for ex: in the excel template on Microsoft office called 'Loan
amortization Schedule', lines 1-17 stay put when scrolling down. Can anybody
tell me how to do that?
Old March 23rd 10, 05:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko

What version of Excel are you using?

Let's assume you want row 1 to remain visible when you scroll.

Select cell A2

In Excel 2007 goto the View tab>Freeze Panes>Freeze Panes

In earlier versions of Excel goto the menu Window>Freeze Panes

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old March 23rd 10, 05:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TomPl

Select the cell just below the title area (e.g. cell A3). Then on the menu
select Window then Freeze Panes. That should do it.