-   -   Title row to stay in place when scrolling down (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/259664-title-row-stay-place-when-scrolling-down.html)

MS

Title row to stay in place when scrolling down

I want to make the first few lines of my chart stay put when scrolling down
the page, for ex: in the excel template on Microsoft office called 'Loan
amortization Schedule', lines 1-17 stay put when scrolling down. Can anybody
tell me how to do that?

T. Valko

Title row to stay in place when scrolling down

What version of Excel are you using?

Let's assume you want row 1 to remain visible when you scroll.

Select cell A2

In Excel 2007 goto the View tabFreeze PanesFreeze Panes

In earlier versions of Excel goto the menu WindowFreeze Panes

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MS" wrote in message
I want to make the first few lines of my chart stay put when scrolling down
the page, for ex: in the excel template on Microsoft office called 'Loan
amortization Schedule', lines 1-17 stay put when scrolling down. Can
anybody
tell me how to do that?

TomPl

Title row to stay in place when scrolling down

Select the cell just below the title area (e.g. cell A3). Then on the menu
select Window then Freeze Panes. That should do it.