Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can fill handle be moved without mouse dragging?

I often select cells and use the fill handle to populate data in my
worksheets, but it's a royal pain using my mouse to drag the fill box all the
way down a spreadsheet containing thousands of rows. Is there a keyboard
shortcut to dragging the fill handle to the top/bottom of the sheet, or even
use page up/down if that's not possible? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've read the double clicking tip before but it doesn't seem to work in Excel
2007. I highlight the cell range to auto fill, I double click the fill handle
square, nothing happens. :( The second tip would just copy the contents of
the cell instead of continuing a series, would it not?

"Chris Lukowski" wrote:

I often select cells and use the fill handle to populate data in my
worksheets, but it's a royal pain using my mouse to drag the fill box all the
way down a spreadsheet containing thousands of rows. Is there a keyboard
shortcut to dragging the fill handle to the top/bottom of the sheet, or even
use page up/down if that's not possible? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you could just use the menu shortcuts..

use the tip above to highlight the selected range then

hit alt - e - i - s to bring up the fill series menu...

you could also assign a shortcut key to this command. just look up the
help file for Assign or change a keyboard shortcut

"Chris Lukowski" wrote:

I often select cells and use the fill handle to populate data in my
worksheets, but it's a royal pain using my mouse to drag the fill box all the
way down a spreadsheet containing thousands of rows. Is there a keyboard
shortcut to dragging the fill handle to the top/bottom of the sheet, or even
use page up/down if that's not possible? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Double-click to fill only works if you have an adjacent column with data.

The d-click will fill down to end of data in that column.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP