Brenda

Default fill handle

I often have to copy data from a cell into the 4 cells below it. I use the
fill handle to do this. Because it is often numbers, Excel assumes i want to
fill a series and not just copy the data. Is there a way to default this to
always copy instead of filling in series?
Max

Try right-click on fill handle and drag down
When you release, there's a pop-up menu
for you to select "Copy Cells"

--
Rgds
Max
"Brenda" wrote in message
I often have to copy data from a cell into the 4 cells below it. I use

the
fill handle to do this. Because it is often numbers, Excel assumes i want

fill a series and not just copy the data. Is there a way to default this

always copy instead of filling in series?

patrick

Select cell with data and highlight down to end of range-hit Ctrl + D. This
will copy the selected data down to the end of the highlighted range
Pat F

"Don Guillett" wrote:

try it w/o the fill handle. select the cell AND other cells you want
fillededitfilldown

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software