How to add new currency symbol

Old November 16th 07, 08:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vinod[_2_]

Default How to add new currency symbol

Is there any possibility to add new formats at "Number" tab in format cells
dialog box apart from bult-in formats .

I wanted to add Indian currency (Rs) symbol in currency format list.

Advanced Thanks,
Vinod

Old November 16th 07, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

Custom format [$Rs] #,##0.00 or #,##0.00 [$Rs] depend where symbol should be
(before/after value)
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

news

Old November 19th 07, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vinod[_2_]

Thanks for the response,

I couldn't find any format like this [$Rs] #,##0.00 or #,##0.00 [$Rs] at
Format|Cells|Custom.

If it is possible please give me the solution in step by step to add
currency symobl
[$Rs] #,##0.00 or #,##0.00 [$Rs] at Format|Cells|Custom.

Regards,
Vinod

Old November 19th 07, 06:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph[_2_]

Format/ Cells/ Custom, then copy the relevant formatting string from
Bernard's message below into the formatting dialogue box.
--
David Biddulph

Old November 19th 07, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vinod[_2_]

Thanks alot Mr. Bernard and Mr. David, its working fine.

Old April 23rd 08, 04:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
protexcomputers

vinod tell me how to change it in indian currency rs

****al )