Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count how many criteria in a column match criteria in another colu

I have a spreadsheet I use to track how long trouble tickets are open.
I have a column with the # of days (1, 2,3...46, etc.). This is column B:B
I have a column with the Service Level (1,2,3). This is column F:F
I need to count how many tickets in column B:B a
<=2 (To show tickets open 2 days or less) per Service Level in column F:F
2 but <=7 (To show tickets open 3-7 days) per Service Level in column F:F
7 (To show tickets more than 7 days) per Service Level in column F:F

AGE(B:B) Service Level(F:F)
2 1
3 3
1 1
6 2
1 2
22 3
2 1

I have tried all kinds of formulas and I can't get anything to work.
Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Charles Stover;258118 Wrote:
[...]

1.Try
=sumproduct((f1:f100=1)*(b1:b100=2)*(b1:b100<=7))

Will give number of calls SL 1 and from 2 to 7 days old

Adapt ranges to your needs
Ranges should have same length
In versions other than 2007 ranges like B:B are not allowed

2. Try a Pivot Table

HTH

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=72070

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
In an another column say G, type the following formula.

= IF(B27,"7 days",IF(AND(B2<=7,B22),"B/n 2-7 days","<= 2 days"))

Copy the above formula for each row.

Use filters to filter the data based on "Age of ticket" and Service level.
Set the status bar at the bottom of the excel to count (Right click and set
it to count).

Select all the cells meeting the criteria and you will get the count in the
bottom status bar of excel.

Thanks
Prakash

"Charles Stover" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet I use to track how long trouble tickets are open.
I have a column with the # of days (1, 2,3...46, etc.). This is column B:B
I have a column with the Service Level (1,2,3). This is column F:F
I need to count how many tickets in column B:B a
<=2 (To show tickets open 2 days or less) per Service Level in column F:F
2 but <=7 (To show tickets open 3-7 days) per Service Level in column F:F
7 (To show tickets more than 7 days) per Service Level in column F:F

AGE(B:B) Service Level(F:F)
2 1
3 3
1 1
6 2
1 2
22 3
2 1

I have tried all kinds of formulas and I can't get anything to work.
Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007
Advanced Filter