Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing Default Search in to Values Not Formulas in Excel

How do I change the default Find <CNTRL F to values from Formulas?
I hit control F and always need to change the default from formulas to values.

Thank you,

Gregg Dotoli
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Saved from a previous post:

Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the
first search in that session.

You can use that to your advantage.

You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a
macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you
like). Then closes and gets out of the way.

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()

Worksheets("sheet1").Cells.Find What:="", After:=ActiveCell, _
LookIn:=xlValues, _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False

ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False

End Sub

The workbook opens, does a find (to fix your settings) and then closes to get
out of the way.

But if you do an Edit|Find and change anything, then those changed settings will
be remembered.

--

Dave Peterson