FemIce

Default Columns

Hello!
I have three narrow columns and 16000 rows.
Think of these three columns as one from now on.
To save paper I want these to be printed over two "columns" on the page.
Like if I printed two narrow pages on one portrait page.

(This is a sparepartlist.)

I need help urgently and hope you can help me.
I tried to convert your answer here to my three columns, but I couldn't get
it to work.

Kind regards
Irene Eriksen

Gord Dibben skrev:

Coffee

On the first question.....what is the nature of what you have and what new
"sequence" do you want inserted and where?

On the second question..........

Assuming 2000 entries in Column A.

If your data is an column A starting at Cell A1, then the following
formula, entered in Cell B1 and filled across 5 columns and down 400
rows will produce your 5 columns of 400 rows. Any more than 2000 original
rows or want more than 5 columns, you do the math and make alterations.

=INDIRECT("A"&(ROW()+(COLUMN()-2)*400))

The 2 refers to the column of Cell B1; if you're putting the formula in
a different column, use the appropriate number for that column.

CopyPaste Special(in place) the results then delete the original column A.

Alternative to the above....................

VBA Macro to snake the columns top to bottom...1 to 50 down then 51 to 100
down

Public Sub SplitToCols()
Dim NUMCOLS As Integer
Dim i As Integer
Dim colsize As Long
On Error GoTo fileerror

NUMCOLS = InputBox("Choose Final Number of Columns Desired")
colsize = Int((ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count + _
(NUMCOLS - 1)) / NUMCOLS)
For i = 2 To NUMCOLS
Cells((i - 1) * colsize + 1, 1).Resize(colsize, 1).Copy Cells(1, i)
Next i
Range(Cells(colsize + 1, 1), Cells(Rows.Count, 1)).Clear
fileerror:
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 17:03:01 -0700, "coffeeandscone"
wrote:

Have a column of numbers sorted into numerical order which goes over thirty
plus pages when I print.

How can I insert another sequence of numbers in this column without wiping
the data in the original column?

IS there anyway it can automatically wrap around into say five columns a
page to allow printing only 8 pages, or is this a manual operation of cut
and past before printing?

FemIce

I solved it by importing into Word and making two columns there.
Took a while, the file where a bit heavy for Word to work with.
But that solved my problem.