Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I display the result of one cell each time a change anothe.

I have created three sheets of formulas for a project. I've determined that
I need to further analyze the affects of just two inputs on one result. I
would normally create another sheet with the one range of inputs along the
top and the other range of inputs along the side and then have each cell in
the table be a long string formula that would give me the answer and update
every time I change something on the other sheets. However, this time there
are a thousand calculations between the one input and the result I'm looking
to display. Is there a shortcut?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

"Mike S" wrote:
I have created three sheets of formulas for a project. I've determined that
I need to further analyze the affects of just two inputs on one result. I
would normally create another sheet with the one range of inputs along the
top and the other range of inputs along the side and then have each cell in
the table be a long string formula that would give me the answer and update
every time I change something on the other sheets. However, this time there
are a thousand calculations between the one input and the result I'm looking
to display. Is there a shortcut?

Perhaps a 2 variable data table might fit here (via Data Table menu)
Here's a previous sample which illustrates the set-up:
http://cjoint.com/?jijk4ePOZl
2 variable data table example.xls
--
Max