CPD174

Default How to calculate a person's age taking into account their birthda.

I want to figure the age of a person based on two entered dates, their
birthday and another date of occurrance. I want this to reflect whether or
not their birthday has yet occurred in this calendar year.
JulieD

Hi

Chip Pearson's web page
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#Age

has the following info:
Calculating A Person's Age

A frequent use of the DATEDIF is to compute someone's age based on the
current date and their birthday. The formula below will return someone's
exact age based on their birthday in cell A1.

=DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & "
months, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days"

This will return a string like

33 years, 9 months, 18 days

instead of NOW() (which uses the current date) you can put another cell
reference in containing the date you want their age known at.

Cheers
JulieD

"CPD174" wrote in message
I want to figure the age of a person based on two entered dates, their
birthday and another date of occurrance. I want this to reflect whether
or
not their birthday has yet occurred in this calendar year.

Bob Phillips

Use the DATEDIF function.

=DATEDIF(birthdate,TODAY(),"y"*)

See www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif*.htm for more details about DATEDIF.

--

HTH

RP

"CPD174" wrote in message
I want to figure the age of a person based on two entered dates, their
birthday and another date of occurrance. I want this to reflect whether

or
not their birthday has yet occurred in this calendar year.

ness

Thank you - a great help! Vanessa Leonard

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use the DATEDIF function.

=DATEDIF(birthdate,TODAY(),"y"Â*)

See www.cpearson.com/excel/datedifÂ*.htm for more details about DATEDIF.