Anthony

Default Sum of Lowest Cell Numbers

I have another question, I was wondering how do I get excel to total the
number of cells in a group that have the lowest number. My example is is I
have a group of cells that have 5,6,4,7,2,2,5,6 and and I need to have one
cell count the how many of the lowest numbers are there, for my example there
would be two. If anyone could help, thanks you.

Anthony
Anne Troy

You're telling us how many "lowest" numbers you have, but you're not telling
us what determines that. To give you a formula, we need to know (in english)
how you come about determining that. Are you looking for the TWO lowest
numbers? The numbers less than 4? Or what?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Anthony" wrote in message
I have another question, I was wondering how do I get excel to total the
number of cells in a group that have the lowest number. My example is is
have a group of cells that have 5,6,4,7,2,2,5,6 and and I need to have one
cell count the how many of the lowest numbers are there, for my example
there
would be two. If anyone could help, thanks you.

Anthony

Peo Sjoblom

One way

=COUNTIF(A1:A8,"="&MIN(A1:A8))

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Anthony" wrote in message
I have another question, I was wondering how do I get excel to total the
number of cells in a group that have the lowest number. My example is is
have a group of cells that have 5,6,4,7,2,2,5,6 and and I need to have one
cell count the how many of the lowest numbers are there, for my example
there
would be two. If anyone could help, thanks you.

Anthony

pinmaster

Hi,
Try: