Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default CHANGE A ROW OF POSTIVE NUMBERS TO NEGATIVE NUMBERS

I want to change a column of positve numbers to a column of negative numbers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In any blank cell enter -1
Copy that cell
Select your column of data to change
Paste Special...
Select "Multiply"
OK
Delete the -1 that you entered earlier.

All of your cells in that column have now been multiplied by -1, thus
converting positive to negative. The exact same process could be used to
convert back to positive if needed.

HTH,
Elkar

I want to change a column of positve numbers to a column of negative numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Harlan" wrote:

I want to change a column of positve numbers to a column of negative numbers

I obviouly do not know how this works, but I want to be sure you receive my
thanks for the prompt answer. I knew that multiplying by -1 was the way to
go, but neve thought to put it in a blank space. Thanks for the help.

Harlan