-   -   CHANGE A ROW OF POSTIVE NUMBERS TO NEGATIVE NUMBERS (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/120704-change-row-postive-numbers-negative-numbers.html)

Harlan

CHANGE A ROW OF POSTIVE NUMBERS TO NEGATIVE NUMBERS

I want to change a column of positve numbers to a column of negative numbers

Elkar

CHANGE A ROW OF POSTIVE NUMBERS TO NEGATIVE NUMBERS

In any blank cell enter -1
Copy that cell
Select your column of data to change
Paste Special...
Select "Multiply"
OK
Delete the -1 that you entered earlier.

All of your cells in that column have now been multiplied by -1, thus
converting positive to negative. The exact same process could be used to
convert back to positive if needed.

HTH,
Elkar

"Harlan" wrote:

I want to change a column of positve numbers to a column of negative numbers

I obviouly do not know how this works, but I want to be sure you receive my
thanks for the prompt answer. I knew that multiplying by -1 was the way to
go, but neve thought to put it in a blank space. Thanks for the help.

Harlan