Junior Member

Default Extracting data with multiple criteria and values

I have a spreadsheet that I am working on for a game I am playing. I have information from two different sports team rosters. As such, all of the players show twice on the raw data sheet. I would like to separate them and their stats into separate team sheets and only have the highest value for each stat show up.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a spreadsheet that I am working on for a game I am playing. I
have information from two different sports team rosters. As such, all
of the players show twice on the raw data sheet. I would like to
separate them and their stats into separate team sheets and only have
the highest value for each stat show up.

Okay.., you definitely need to clarify some stuff here!

How does players from "two different" team rosters end up as being
duplicated? Are the players of team1 also on team2?

How did the data for "two different" teams get on the same sheet in the
1st place when you want to separate this to 2 sheets? Why could the
data not be put on separate team sheets in the 1st place?

Are you looking for a cell formula solution or a VBA solution?

How is the data arranged? What 'field' is the criteria for determining
"highest value"? Would simple Conditional Formatting serve your
purpose, or are you shooting for something more complicated/convoluted
that will require heavier ongoing maintenance?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I forgot to aks...

Your subject lines states "multiple criteria" and so what other
criteria is there besides "highest value" from each set of stats?