Junior Member

Location: Lancashire
Default Blank typing, then appears...

Hi, I am using Excel 2007 in Windows 7. When I select a cell and type something in, I can't see what I am typing - it looks as thought I have selected white font / white background! But, once I move away from the cell, the typing appears. I wondered if some kind soul might tell me how to fix it so I can see what I type as I type it....Thanks!!!
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC2909 View Post
Hi, I am using Excel 2007 in Windows 7. When I select a cell and type something in, I can't see what I am typing - it looks as thought I have selected white font / white background! But, once I move away from the cell, the typing appears. I wondered if some kind soul might tell me how to fix it so I can see what I type as I type it....Thanks!!!
Questions on this:
1) Is it only Excel 2007 that you are seeing this?
2) Is this in a blank worksheet or a worksheet already created?
3) If in worksheet already created, are macros enabled?
4) Try clearing all formats from the sheet and type again.

Those are a couple of questions/actions that come to mind.

Cheers,

Kimster
Junior Member

Location: Lancashire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimster1234 View Post
Questions on this:
1) Is it only Excel 2007 that you are seeing this?
2) Is this in a blank worksheet or a worksheet already created?
3) If in worksheet already created, are macros enabled?
4) Try clearing all formats from the sheet and type again.

Those are a couple of questions/actions that come to mind.

Cheers,

Kimster
Hi Kimster, thanks for getting back. As an extra thought, it is only on one of the many worksheets in the book that this problem occurs. All the others (9 sheets in total) are fine....

1) I only have Excel 2007 on my laptop.
2) It is in an existing workbook, all worksheets are created. However it is not not the same problem on every sheet - some are absolutely fine!
3) I'm not sure how to check if macros are enabled. I certainly don't think I've out any in, although there are some simple formulae on every sheet. The formulae are basic adding up figures in various ways ie across rows, up / down columns and totalling things elsewhere in the sheet.
4) On the worksheet where the problem is, there are lots of formatted cells for simple things like £ signs / borders etc. Is there an easy way of clearing all formats?
Thanks again for your help