dperry11273

Default Newbie question: Matching data/2 wkshts copying info over

I can't seem to get this right.
I have 2 worksheets with Userid's, Employee First and Last names on
both. One has about 43000 people in it, and the second has 7300.

I'm trying to match any userid's on page 1 with any on page 2. If
there is an exact match, I need to copy over the row with that userid
on page 2 over to the same row on page 1.

This should be easy, but I'm having trouble locking it down.

Thanks,

--
dperry11273
dperry11273's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25569

Marcus Langell

OK, so you have new names on Sheet 2 that you want to use to overwrite old
ones on Sheet 1? If this something that shouldn't be done on a daily basis,
this is how I would do it:
(Assuming you have three columns on both sheets; UserId, FirstName, LastName)

1. In D1 of sheet 1, enter the formula
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:D,2,FALSE),B1,VLOO KUP(A1,Sheet2!A:D,2,FALSE))
and in E1
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:D,3,FALSE),C1,VLOO KUP(A1,Sheet2!A:D,3,FALSE)).

2: Copy down the formulas.

3: Copy columns D and E and paste special as values on columns B and C

/Marcus