asubramaniam

Default Find values from cells in multiple sheets

I have a workbook containing several sheets , all of which use identical
formats - 12 sheets, one for each month of the year.
I want a summary sheet with the values of the same cell address in each sheet
For example, Summary!A5 = Sheet1!A10
A6 = Sheet2!A10 and so on
Is there an inbuilt Excel function or simple way to do this.
--
AS
Ragdyer

One way:

Enter in A5:

=INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW(A1)&"!A10")

And copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

"asubramaniam" wrote in message
I have a workbook containing several sheets , all of which use identical
formats - 12 sheets, one for each month of the year.
I want a summary sheet with the values of the same cell address in each

sheet
For example, Summary!A5 = Sheet1!A10
A6 = Sheet2!A10 and so on
Is there an inbuilt Excel function or simple way to do this.
--
AS

Bernard Liengme

In Summary!A5 enter =INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW(A1)&"!A10") to get value from
Sheet1!A10
Copy to A6 from Sheet2, etc
best wishes
--