Karen Smith

Default Lookup on different sheet

I need help with a formula: On sheet1 in column D I have a number I want to
look up the number in say D2 in a column on Sheet2 in a2:A65 and then have
it bring back the information that is the adjacent column B.

Sheet1 cell D2 contains the number 48 -
Sheet 2 the number 48 is located in cell A28 so I want the information on
sheet2 B28 brought back and listed in sheet1.

=LOOKUP(D2!Sheet1 "Sheet2!A2:A80",B28)

Hope my explanation makes more sense than the formula I was attempting.

Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=VLOOKUP(D2,Sheet2!A$2:B$65,2,0)

Biff

"Karen Smith" wrote in message
I need help with a formula: On sheet1 in column D I have a number I want
to look up the number in say D2 in a column on Sheet2 in a2:A65 and then
have it bring back the information that is the adjacent column B.

Sheet1 cell D2 contains the number 48 -
Sheet 2 the number 48 is located in cell A28 so I want the information on
sheet2 B28 brought back and listed in sheet1.

=LOOKUP(D2!Sheet1 "Sheet2!A2:A80",B28)

Hope my explanation makes more sense than the formula I was attempting.

Max

=VLOOKUP(D2,Sheet2!A$2:B$65,2,0)

Did you implement without the "V"?
Note that its VLOOKUP, not LOOKUP <g !