-   -   Lookup on different sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/36380-lookup-different-sheet.html)

Karen Smith

Lookup on different sheet

I need help with a formula: On sheet1 in column D I have a number I want to
look up the number in say D2 in a column on Sheet2 in a2:A65 and then have
it bring back the information that is the adjacent column B.

Sheet1 cell D2 contains the number 48 -
Sheet 2 the number 48 is located in cell A28 so I want the information on
sheet2 B28 brought back and listed in sheet1.

=LOOKUP(D2!Sheet1 "Sheet2!A2:A80",B28)

Hope my explanation makes more sense than the formula I was attempting.

Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=VLOOKUP(D2,Sheet2!A$2:B$65,2,0)

Biff

"Karen Smith" wrote in message
I need help with a formula: On sheet1 in column D I have a number I want
to look up the number in say D2 in a column on Sheet2 in a2:A65 and then
have it bring back the information that is the adjacent column B.

Sheet1 cell D2 contains the number 48 -
Sheet 2 the number 48 is located in cell A28 so I want the information on
sheet2 B28 brought back and listed in sheet1.

=LOOKUP(D2!Sheet1 "Sheet2!A2:A80",B28)

Hope my explanation makes more sense than the formula I was attempting.

Karen Smith

I am getting the error that I have entered too many arguements for this
function when I use this formula.

"Biff" wrote in message
Hi!

Try this:

=VLOOKUP(D2,Sheet2!A$2:B$65,2,0)

Biff

"Karen Smith" wrote in message
I need help with a formula: On sheet1 in column D I have a number I want
to look up the number in say D2 in a column on Sheet2 in a2:A65 and then
have it bring back the information that is the adjacent column B.

Sheet1 cell D2 contains the number 48 -
Sheet 2 the number 48 is located in cell A28 so I want the information on
sheet2 B28 brought back and listed in sheet1.

=LOOKUP(D2!Sheet1 "Sheet2!A2:A80",B28)

Hope my explanation makes more sense than the formula I was attempting.

Max

=VLOOKUP(D2,Sheet2!A$2:B$65,2,0)

Did you implement without the "V"?
Note that its VLOOKUP, not LOOKUP <g !
Biff's suggestion works fine for me ..
--
Rgds
Max
I am getting the error that I have entered too many arguements for this
function when I use this formula.

Karen Smith

Thanks, I got it working - still don't know what I had typed wrong
previously - had the VLookup.
Help Appreciated

"Max" wrote in message
=VLOOKUP(D2,Sheet2!A$2:B$65,2,0)

Did you implement without the "V"?
Note that its VLOOKUP, not LOOKUP <g !
Biff's suggestion works fine for me ..
--
Rgds
Max
xl 97
---
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----
"Karen Smith" wrote in message
I am getting the error that I have entered too many arguements for this
function when I use this formula.

Max

You're welcome !
Glad you got it working.