patMO

Default Cell format

Two cells appear to be formatted the same. (Acctg/None/2) When a 0 is typed
in one a - appears...in the other a 0 appears. I've tried format painter
with no result. I want a - . Thx

bj

Are they in the same worksheet, same workbook?

"patMO" wrote:

Two cells appear to be formatted the same. (Acctg/None/2) When a 0 is typed
in one a - appears...in the other a 0 appears. I've tried format painter
with no result. I want a - . Thx

Duke Carey

If you truly have a zero there, it should appear as 0.00, not as 0

When examined in the formula bar, is there an apostrophe preceding the zero?
That makes it text and the numeric formatting doesn't apply. It would
likely appear to be left aligned in the cell, too.

The other thing to be aware of is that, even when in a cell formatted as
Acctg/None/2, a value greater than 0 but less than a half penny will show up
as 0.00. The only way to get it to appear as a '€“' is to apply the ROUND
function to it.