RayYeung

Default Create summary based on specifc value in a different sheet

I am preparing an Excel template for my users to help them calculate
compound interest rate over several years based on the interest rate of
a bank.

The first sheet contains 3 columns, StartDate, EndDate, Rate.
The second sheet which will be hidden to the users is for all the
various calculations. There will always be a row for the amount at year
end.

I would like to produce a summary in the third sheet with the interest
and the total amount at end of each year and at the end of the period.

I know I can use pivot table but since it is an Excel template, I
cannot pre-define the criteria. Is there a way to achieve that without
using VBA?

--
RayYeung
RayYeung's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25343