Bryan

Default How do I compare data between spreadsheets?

I have a workbook with 2 sheets. On sheet 1 have a list with about 13500 part
numbers. On sheet 2 I have about 12500 part numbers. On sheet 1 There is only
data in column A on sheet 2 there is data in Column A, B (Item Name), and C
(letter).

What I want to do is compare all the part numbers from each column A and if
they match pull the info from Column B and C on sheet 2 and fill it in
column B and C with the correct information.

I also would like to be able to see which part numbers are different between
the 2 sheets.

Thanks
Morrigan

Do you mean to fill Column B & C on sheet 1 if they are matching pair?

Try the following:

B3 =
IF(MATCH($A3,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$12500,0),INDIRECT("She et2!B"&MATCH($A3,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$12500,0)),"")

C3 =
IF(MATCH($A3,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$12500,0),INDIRECT("She et2!C"&MATCH($A3,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$12500,0)),"")

If you do not want to see "#N/A" for non-matching pair, put in another
IF statement if ISERROR output "". I think there is a way to hide
error output too, but I am not sure how.

Hope it helps

--
Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094