Greiffenberg

Default Text from text box to cell

Does anybody know a formula (not VBA) to get text from a text box to a
cell?

I can get text from a cell to the cell box, but is it possible the
other way around?

Greiffenberg

--
Greiffenberg
Greiffenberg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25311

Bob Phillips

Pretty sure you will need VBA.

What sort of textbox is it?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Greiffenberg"
wrote in message
news:Greiffenberg.1sd3uf_1121684715.5021@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Does anybody know a formula (not VBA) to get text from a text box to a
cell?

I can get text from a cell to the cell box, but is it possible the
other way around?

Greiffenberg

--
Greiffenberg
Greiffenberg's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387954

Ian

You can set the Linked Cell in the textbox properties. That way, textbox and
cell will always be the same, whichever one you change.

--
Ian
--
wrote in message
news:Greiffenberg.1sd3uf_1121684715.5021@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Does anybody know a formula (not VBA) to get text from a text box to a
cell?

I can get text from a cell to the cell box, but is it possible the
other way around?

Greiffenberg

--
Greiffenberg
Greiffenberg's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387954

Greiffenberg

Hi, and thanks for the fast reply....

I'm not sure how you do "the linked cell" I've tried the help with no
help...

I'll try to elaborate a little mo

I'm building a worksheet with a standard sheet with a textbox. I would
like the text of the text box to link to a cell, and then copy my
standard sheet to make new worksheets...

Did that make sense?

Greiffenberg

--
Greiffenberg
Greiffenberg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25311
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387954

Bob Phillips

If it is a control toolbox textbox, activate design mode, double-click on
the textbox which takes you to the VBE IDE. Open the properties window, F4,
and set the linkedcell there.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Greiffenberg"
wrote in message
news:Greiffenberg.1sd9el_1121691921.4345@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hi, and thanks for the fast reply....

I'm not sure how you do "the linked cell" I've tried the help with no
help...

I'll try to elaborate a little mo

I'm building a worksheet with a standard sheet with a textbox. I would
like the text of the text box to link to a cell, and then copy my
standard sheet to make new worksheets...

Did that make sense?

Greiffenberg

--
Greiffenberg
Greiffenberg's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387954

Greiffenberg

Thank you all...

:)

Greiffenberg

--
Greiffenberg
Greiffenberg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25311
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387954

Greiffenberg

I ended up piecing a lot of different VBA code together, and after a
while it worked....

Big thanks for all the help in this forum....

Greiffenberg