Wally

Default PIVOT TABLE?

When i try to make a pivot table I choose my data range and then I'm
told.

my pivot table field name isn't valid.... :(

What am I doing wrong?

Wally

Debra Dalgleish

If there are blank cells in the first row of the selected range, you'll
see that error message.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Wally

Thank you, that solved the problem.

do you have time for another question?

how do I sum the information in the table?

my table shows my customers, and the products the've picked up.
but then it list all the amounts they've taken, I just need the total
amount not every invoice?

any ideas

Thanks for the help

wally

Wally wrote:
When i try to make a pivot table I choose my data range and then I'm
told.

my pivot table field name isn't valid.... :(

What am I doing wrong?

Wally

Debra Dalgleish

You're welcome!

Try putting Customers in the Row area, Products in the Column Area, and
Amount in the data area, where it should change to Sum of Amount.

Wally wrote:

When i try to make a pivot table I choose my data range and then I'm
told.

my pivot table field name isn't valid.... :(

What am I doing wrong?

Wally

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Wally

My pivot table doesn't seem to update when I add or remove new
information?

any ideas

Thanks

Wally

Debra Dalgleish

If you've changed the existing data, you can refresh the pivot table, by
clicking the Refresh Data button ( ! ) on the PivotTable toolbar

If you've added new rows at the end of the source data, you can go to
the PivotWizard, and change the range that's referenced in Step 2.

Or, to automatically include new rows in the source, you can use a
dynamic range, as described he

With either method of including new rows, you should refresh the pivot
table after new data has been added.