PA

Default Workday Function Question

I am creating a schedule to specify start and finish date of various tasks.
Some of the durtions of these tasks can be many months.
How can I have the function operate with more than one holiday.
For example, a task should start on 8/1/05 and end on 1/12/06. These dates
calulated by not counting Sat, Sun, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and
New Years. How do I get the four holidays into the workday calculation.
Assume start is in C10, Duration is in D10,Workday is in E10 and the
holidays are in B25, B26, B27 and B28.
I tried =workday(C10,D10,(B25,B26,B27,B28))

PLease Help
Paul
malik641

You have to use NETWORKDAYS for what you want, but you have to use an
Add-In. Go to Tools-Add-Ins-Analysis ToolPak

The function works like this:

NETWORKDAYS(start_date, end_date, holidays)

This returns the value of the amount of days EXCLUDING weakends and
holidays. You can add as many holidays as you want. Just keep in mind
that when you have more than one the function would look like:

NETWORKDAYS(start_date, end_date, {holiday1, holiday2, holiday3, etc})

For the example you gave:

=NETWORKDAYS(8/15/05, 1/12/06, B25:B28)

Hope this is what you're looking for.

--
malik641
malik641's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24190

Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=WORKDAY(C10,D10,B25:B28)

Biff

Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Function question Jock W Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 6th 05 01:39 PM
Function Related Question Sandeep Arora Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 2nd 05 07:36 PM
Include Saturday in the WORKDAY function kippi3000 Excel Worksheet Functions 9 December 31st 04 08:21 AM
solving for NPer w/o function (algebra question) Karl Excel Worksheet Functions 11 December 29th 04 08:30 PM