doran_doran

Default Excel fields in a row instead of column...

Hi,

I am back, LOL. Well, I have an Excel file but the data are in it looks
weired. I can't sort and do nothing. Column A has Title (Field Name)
about 13 Titles. Column B Contains the data. How can I convert or
import this data in access table. I haven't create a table with the
same fields in Excel. There is blank line between each records. So say
record one has 13 row so second records starts from the 15th row and
has 13 row for this record. Any idea. I have never received a file like
this.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP FIND A LINK OR IDEA HOW DO I DO THIS.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE. Please see the print screen for clarity...

Thanks
Sarah Martinez

|Filename: SP32-20050715-151445.gif |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3605 |

doran_doran
doran_doran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25274
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387655

ExcelGirl

Hi Sarah,

I assume you want the 13 titles in the first record to be column
headings across the top with the appropriate data under each title.

To do that, you select the range A1 to B13 and copy it. Select the cell
where you want the reorganized data to display and right-click, choose
Paste All, Operatin None and check Transpose. Then click OK.

How is that for a start?

ExcelGirl

--
ExcelGirl
ExcelGirl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25272

doran_doran

Hi Excel Girl,

I tried that and it's working for one record. Actually it works for
multiple records but it's the second or third record after 13th column
then so forth. hmm any other ideas??

--
doran_doran
doran_doran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25274
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387655

ExcelGirl

Sarah,

I don't know what you mean by:

"but it's the second or third record after 13th column then so
forth."

Does this not work for you for the 2nd & 3rd records?

ExcelGirl

--
ExcelGirl
ExcelGirl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25272
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387655

doran_doran

for example I have 10 records (130 row, each record with 13 rows, 13
different fields).

I have attached about 10/12 records in the attach file. please check it
out..

thanks

|Filename: Notice Tax - Sample.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3606 |

doran_doran
doran_doran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25274
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387655

Roger Govier

Hi

If I understand your problem correctly, then column a contains your field
names, repeated for each record.
Copy A1:A13 and Paste SpecialTranspose to cell E1.
Your Field names will now be listed in E1:Q1

In cell E2 enter the following formula
=OFFSET($E$1,(COLUMN()-5+(ROW()-2)*14),-3)
Copy this formula across through cells F2:Q2
Then copy E2:Q2 down through as many rows as you require and this will pull
in the numeric values from each record

--
Regards
Roger Govier