rjenkins

Default Sum Multiple Criteria or DcountA

Can Someone help out with this? I am trying to use the Sum formula to
count multiple criteria. I want to COUNT how many times that "John
Doe" with a Grade of "B" appear in the list.

Here is what I have tried that doesn't seem to work thus far

=SUM((C1:C10="John Doe")*(D1:D10="G")) ctr+shift+enter

I get an #Value? error message with this one.

I also tried this dcounta formula although I would prefer to use the
sum formula, b/c it will work better for me with what I am ultimately
doing here.

=DCOUNTA(DataTable,"Name",O2:O3)*DCOUNTA(DataTable ,"Grade",G)

The criteria here (O2:O3) match the Column headings and value that I am
searching for. Again - I would prefer not to use this, but if the sum
formula array won't work then I am open to it.

A B C D
1 Account Name Total Employees Name Grade
2 XYZ Company 70 John Doe B
3 XYZ Company 70 Suzi Q B
4 XYZ Company 70 Fred Jones B
5 ABC Company 60 John Doe C
6 ABC Company 60 Jack Black C
7 ART Institute 50 John Doe B
8 ART Institute 50 Suzi Q B
9 Metal Company 110 Suzi Q C
10 Metal Company 110 Wilma Rubble C

Thanks for your Help.

-Ryan

--
rjenkins
rjenkins's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=3391

JE McGimpsey

One way:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C1:C10="John Doe"),--(D1:D10="G"))

In article ,
rjenkins wrote:

Can Someone help out with this? I am trying to use the Sum formula to
count multiple criteria. I want to COUNT how many times that "John
Doe" with a Grade of "B" appear in the list.

rjenkins

Thanks for your reply!!

I plugged that formula in and got this error message: #N/A

Any thoughts?

--
rjenkins
rjenkins's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=3391

JE McGimpsey

Remove any #N/A values from the ranges in the SUMPRODUCT formula, as
they'll get passed through.