Anthony

Default sumif depending on 2 cells matching

I'm trying to write a formula that says if the date in E29 is the same as the
date in D7 then multiply B5 by C29, otherwise 0. Where am I going wrong.I
know what i want to acheive I just don't know how to get there

=sumif('Cattle Mvts'!E29,match('Cattle Budget'!D7,),'Feedlot
Assumptions'!B5*'Cattle Mvts'!C29)
Gordon

"Anthony" wrote in message
I'm trying to write a formula that says if the date in E29 is the same as
the
date in D7 then multiply B5 by C29, otherwise 0. Where am I going wrong.I
know what i want to acheive I just don't know how to get there

=sumif('Cattle Mvts'!E29,match('Cattle Budget'!D7,),'Feedlot
Assumptions'!B5*'Cattle Mvts'!C29)

Why are you using SUMif? Just use IF.

=IF('Cattle Mvts'!E29='Cattle Budget'!D7,'Feedlot
Assumptions'!B5*'Cattle Mvts'!C29,0)

Gordon

"Anthony" wrote in message
ah yes thankyou

enough knowledge to be dangerous sometimes leads us to over complicate
matters

You're welcome. We've all been there! <bg