-   -   sumif depending on 2 cells matching (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/34577-sumif-depending-2-cells-matching.html)

Anthony

sumif depending on 2 cells matching

I'm trying to write a formula that says if the date in E29 is the same as the
date in D7 then multiply B5 by C29, otherwise 0. Where am I going wrong.I
know what i want to acheive I just don't know how to get there

=sumif('Cattle Mvts'!E29,match('Cattle Budget'!D7,),'Feedlot
Assumptions'!B5*'Cattle Mvts'!C29)

Gordon

"Anthony" wrote in message
I'm trying to write a formula that says if the date in E29 is the same as
the
date in D7 then multiply B5 by C29, otherwise 0. Where am I going wrong.I
know what i want to acheive I just don't know how to get there

=sumif('Cattle Mvts'!E29,match('Cattle Budget'!D7,),'Feedlot
Assumptions'!B5*'Cattle Mvts'!C29)

Why are you using SUMif? Just use IF.

=IF('Cattle Mvts'!E29='Cattle Budget'!D7,'Feedlot
Assumptions'!B5*'Cattle Mvts'!C29,0)

Anthony

ah yes thankyou

enough knowledge to be dangerous sometimes leads us to over complicate matters

"Anthony" wrote in message
ah yes thankyou

enough knowledge to be dangerous sometimes leads us to over complicate
matters

You're welcome. We've all been there! <bg