Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula Question

Hi! I need some assistance with this formula ... can't seem to figure out
what I am doing wrong. Okay, here is my scenario:

Volume A Volume B Result
500 600 MEETING
0 0 MEETING

I need a formula that will do the following:

1. Add columns A and B together
2. If the sum of the two columns is greater than 2, then the column titled
Result would show the word "meeting"
3. If the sum of the two columns [A+B] is 1 or less, then the column titled
Result would show the word "no meeting"

Here is the formula I am using:

=IF(A2+B22,"MEETING",IF(A2+B2<1,"NO MEETING"))

Anyway, the formula I am using is not working as I need it to. Can anyone
help me out here? I am desperate!

Thank you!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming poor rendition of your posted sample data.

a2 is 500..........b2 is 600

=IF(A2+B22,"MEETING",IF(A2+B2<1,"NO MEETING")) returns MEETING

a3 is 0.........b3 is 0

=IF(A3+B32,"MEETING",IF(A3+B3<1,"NO MEETING")) returns NO MEETING

What is "not working" for you?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 15:10:01 -0700, Rae's Formula Question <Rae's Formula
wrote:

Hi! I need some assistance with this formula ... can't seem to figure out
what I am doing wrong. Okay, here is my scenario:

Volume A Volume B Result
500 600 MEETING
0 0 MEETING

I need a formula that will do the following:

1. Add columns A and B together
2. If the sum of the two columns is greater than 2, then the column titled
Result would show the word "meeting"
3. If the sum of the two columns [A+B] is 1 or less, then the column titled
Result would show the word "no meeting"

Here is the formula I am using:

=IF(A2+B22,"MEETING",IF(A2+B2<1,"NO MEETING"))

Anyway, the formula I am using is not working as I need it to. Can anyone
help me out here? I am desperate!

Thank you!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the note back. The issue I am having is the response is simply
MEETING. The formula is not working in that it searches out the parameters
of 2 or <1. Either way I can only get the formula to use MEETING. My
formula isn't being read by the cell and does not take into consideration the
NO MEETING. Do you have any suggestions for me on how to fix it so the
document reads and determines the MEETING or NO MEETING reference based upon
the numbers?

wrote:

Hi! I need some assistance with this formula ... can't seem to figure out
what I am doing wrong. Okay, here is my scenario:

Volume A Volume B Result
500 600 MEETING
0 0 MEETING

I need a formula that will do the following:

1. Add columns A and B together
2. If the sum of the two columns is greater than 2, then the column titled
Result would show the word "meeting"
3. If the sum of the two columns [A+B] is 1 or less, then the column titled
Result would show the word "no meeting"

Here is the formula I am using:

=IF(A2+B22,"MEETING",IF(A2+B2<1,"NO MEETING"))

Anyway, the formula I am using is not working as I need it to. Can anyone
help me out here? I am desperate!

Thank you!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear CLGonline

Thanks for the note ... but this is my issue, I cannot get the formula to
work. The only response is MEETING. The option of NO MEETING never comes
up. I have played with the 1 and/or <1 and then moved to the 2 and <1 ...
but neither way works and I only can get the cell to respond with MEETING.
There must be something wrong with my formula because I simply cannot get
this to work. Do you have any suggestions?

"CLGonline" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Clear your numbers and re-type them.

Any change?