Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rae''s Formula Question Rae''s Formula Question is offline

Default Formula Question

Dear CLGonline

Thanks for the note ... but this is my issue, I cannot get the formula to
work. The only response is MEETING. The option of NO MEETING never comes
up. I have played with the 1 and/or <1 and then moved to the 2 and <1 ...
but neither way works and I only can get the cell to respond with MEETING.
There must be something wrong with my formula because I simply cannot get
this to work. Do you have any suggestions?

"CLGonline" wrote:

your formula works with the exception of when the volumes equals between 1
and 2, what do you want to happen when volume equals between 1 and 2?

"Rae's Formula Question" wrote:

Hi! I need some assistance with this formula ... can't seem to figure out
what I am doing wrong. Okay, here is my scenario:

Volume A Volume B Result
500 600 MEETING
0 0 MEETING

I need a formula that will do the following:

1. Add columns A and B together
2. If the sum of the two columns is greater than 2, then the column titled
Result would show the word "meeting"
3. If the sum of the two columns [A+B] is 1 or less, then the column titled
Result would show the word "no meeting"

Here is the formula I am using:

=IF(A2+B22,"MEETING",IF(A2+B2<1,"NO MEETING"))

Anyway, the formula I am using is not working as I need it to. Can anyone
help me out here? I am desperate!

Thank you!!!!