Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kay Kay is offline

Default Blank cell fromula

Is it possible to have a formula for two arguments example
I already have a fromula =if A1="Y",0
I want the formula to be like =if A1="Y" or blankcell,0 (I want if the cell
is left blank aswell it will be equal to 0.
--
KK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
=if(or(A1="Y",A1=""),0,"?")

the if formula reads like this
if (condition, result if true, result if false)
if you don't have a result if false part and the conditions is false, excel
will diplay the word false. you don't have a result if false part in your
example so i just put a question mark. the above syntax should work.

Regards
FSt1

"Kay" wrote:

Is it possible to have a formula for two arguments example
I already have a fromula =if A1="Y",0
I want the formula to be like =if A1="Y" or blankcell,0 (I want if the cell
is left blank aswell it will be equal to 0.
--
KK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not clear what result the formula should produce if your 2 conditions are
*not* met. Anyway here is an example:
=IF(OR(A1="Y",ISBLANK(A1)),0,"NotYorBlank")

Joerg Mochikun

"Kay" wrote in message
Is it possible to have a formula for two arguments example
I already have a fromula =if A1="Y",0
I want the formula to be like =if A1="Y" or blankcell,0 (I want if the
cell
is left blank aswell it will be equal to 0.
--
KK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

sorry, my proof reading assistant is out today.

=if(or(A1="Y",A1=""),0,"?")

the if formula reads like this
if (condition, result if true, result if false)
if you don't have a result if false part and if the condition is false, excel
will diplay the word false. since you don't have a result if false part in