Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count number of occurences in a list

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet where I'm trying to count the number of
occurences of a value against another value (hope that makes sense).
See http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...G1DfgoUtdbx1PA

So, for example in B14, I would like to match value B13 against the
list in B2 to B11 and return the number of occurences of that value
against A14.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's not clear what you want to do and your link asks for login credentials.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lucas Reece" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet where I'm trying to count the number of
occurences of a value against another value (hope that makes sense).
See http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...G1DfgoUtdbx1PA

So, for example in B14, I would like to match value B13 against the
list in B2 to B11 and return the number of occurences of that value
against A14.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It sounds like you just need to use the COUNTIF function. Maybe
=COUNTIF(B2:B11,B13).

Ken
Norfolk, Va

Seehttp://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rifcz2bO3G1DfgoUtdbx1PA

So, for example in B14, I would like to match value B13 against the
list in B2 to B11 and return the number of occurences of that value
against A14.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry. Can you try the link again please. I'm sure I have set it for
everyone to view and edit with login?!??

On 28 May, 18:53, "T. Valko" wrote:
It's not clear what you want to do and your link asks for login credentials.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lucas Reece" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet where I'm trying to count the number of
occurences of a value against another value (hope that makes sense).
Seehttp://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rifcz2bO3G1DfgoUtdbx1PA

So, for example in B14, I would like to match value B13 against the
list in B2 to B11 and return the number of occurences of that value
against A14.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Strange.

How about this?

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...1A&output=html

On 28 May, 18:53, "T. Valko" wrote:

It's not clear what you want to do and your link asks for login
credentials.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lucas Reece" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet where I'm trying to count the number of
occurences of a value against another value (hope that makes sense).
Seehttp://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rifcz2bO3G1DfgoUtdbx1PA

So, for example in B14, I would like to match value B13 against the
list in B2 to B11 and return the number of occurences of that value
against A14.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

or this...

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lucasr...64977934636546

On 28 May, 20:48, Lucas Reece wrote:
Strange.

How about this?

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...-R8_s1A&output...

On 28 May, 18:53, "T. Valko" wrote:

It's not clear what you want to do and your link asks for login
credentials.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lucas Reece" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet where I'm trying to count the number of
occurences of a value against another value (hope that makes sense).
Seehttp://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rifcz2bO3G1DfgoUtdbx1PA

So, for example in B14, I would like to match value B13 against the
list in B2 to B11 and return the number of occurences of that value
against A14.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK, that one worked...

Enter this formula in B14 and copy across to D14 then down to B16:D16:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$11=$A14),--($B$2:$B$11=B$13))

--

On 28 May, 18:53, "T. Valko" wrote:

It's not clear what you want to do and your link asks for login
credentials.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lucas Reece" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet where I'm trying to count the number of
occurences of a value against another value (hope that makes
sense).
Seehttp://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rifcz2bO3G1DfgoUtdbx1PA

So, for example in B14, I would like to match value B13 against
the
list in B2 to B11 and return the number of occurences of that
value
against A14.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Does anyone know the formula that will allow an "X" be placed in one column
and will enter a number in another column.