Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lucas Reece Lucas Reece is offline

Default Count number of occurences in a list

Spot on! Thank you so much for your patience and for the solution.

On 28 May, 21:09, "T. Valko" wrote:
OK, that one worked...

Enter this formula in B14 and copy across to D14 then down to B16:D16:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$11=$A14),--($B$2:$B$11=B$13))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lucas Reece" wrote in message

Strange.

How about this?

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...-R8_s1A&output...

On 28 May, 19:24, "T. Valko" wrote:
Still asks for login credentials.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lucas Reece" wrote in message

Not having a very good night here am I. That meant to say "I'm sure I
have set it for everyone to view and edit without having to login"

On 28 May, 19:07, Lucas Reece wrote:
Sorry. Can you try the link again please. I'm sure I have set it for
everyone to view and edit with login?!??

On 28 May, 18:53, "T. Valko" wrote:

It's not clear what you want to do and your link asks for login
credentials.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lucas Reece" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet where I'm trying to count the number of
occurences of a value against another value (hope that makes
sense).
Seehttp://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rifcz2bO3G1DfgoUtdbx1PA

So, for example in B14, I would like to match value B13 against
the
list in B2 to B11 and return the number of occurences of that
value
against A14.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks.- Hide quoted text -